Everyone should follow the latest NHS advice about coronavirus. Some tips for protecting yourself and your loved ones include:
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors
- Consider wearing a face covering in crowded places where you come into contact with people you don't normally meet
- Get tested and self-isolate if required
- Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- Get vaccinated if you haven't already
Symptoms of Covid-19
Symptoms of Covid-19 can include:
- a high temperature or shivering (chills) – a high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
If you have symptoms, try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
Get your Covid-19 vaccine
Information about Covid-19 vaccination is available from Brent Council.
The mass vaccination centre at Brent Civic Centre is open from 9am - 7.30pm daily, with walk-in appointments available.