Knowing how to make a complaint
Making a complaint can be a daunting task, so knowing who you can complain to and what to do is essential.
We can help you. We've worked with Healthwatch England to produce straightforward advice will guide you through the process from knowing who to talk to, top tips on what to do and what you can expect from services in response.
Independent complaints advocacy from POhWER
People who live in Brent can get support making a complaint from POhWER, the local Independent Health Complaints Advocacy service.
An advocate can:
- Provide information about how to complain including who to complain to
- Explain the complaints process and your options at each stage
- Help you to write letters
- Help you to prepare for complaint meetings and attend with you
- Help you to refer your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman if you are not happy with the response you receive from the NHS service
Patient Advice Liaison Service
Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health matters. It provides a point of contact for patients, families and carers.
Some of the things that PALS can do include:
- helping you with health-related questions
- helping to resolve concerns or problems when you're using the NHS
- telling you how to get more involved in your own healthcare
PALS do not investigate individual complaints but can give you general advice about the NHS complaints procedure.