Healthwatch Brent is here to help local people get the best out of their health and social care services. Our vision is that Brent residents can contribute to the development of quality health and social care services in Brent.
Healthwatch Brent run, co-ordinate and support events, projects and activities. It gathers information and feedback from patients and service-users.
Staff attend the Brent Health and Wellbeing Board, Brent Clinical Commissioning Group Board, hospital committee meetings and Brent Council events as well as volunteers who support with information gathering.
Through all these meetings, Healthwatch Brent staff and volunteers represent the experiences and views of patients and service-users.
Healthwatch Brent is:
- a strong, local citizen voice, making a difference to health and social care provision for the people of Brent.
- providing ways for people’s experiences and views to be heard from all communities, including those that are seldom listened to.
- carrying out excellent public engagement.
- gathering and analysing meaningful and robust local data and evidence and presenting this to the people that make decisions about health and social care services.
- challenging service providers and commissioners, so the people in Brent have timely and good quality information and advice.
The funding for Healthwatch comes from the Department of Health to each local council.
Brent Council deliver the Healthwatch Brent contract.
Healthwatch Brent staff are employed by The Advocacy Project.