NHS Complaints Advocacy
Are you unhappy with the care and treatment that you, or someone else, is currently receiving or has received from the NHS?
Do you want help to complain and get matters put right?
The statutory Independent Health Complaints Advocacy service can help you to use the NHS complaints process. POhWER provides the IHCAS to the residents of 20 London Boroughs.
Click here for a Easy Read - London Independent Health Complaints Advocacy leaflet.
You can also contact us directly via telephone, textphone or email.
Telephone: 0203 553 5960 (charged at local rate)
Minicom: 0300 456 2364
Text: Send the word 'pohwer' and then your name and number to 81025
Post: Write to us at:
Independent Health Complaints Advocacy can:
- Support you to make a complaint about the service, care or treatment provided to you by the NHS
- Support you to make a complaint on someone else's behalf, including if someone has died
- Listen to your concerns
- Signpost you to the right organisation for you
- Answer any questions about the complaints procedure and explain your options
- Provide a step by step guide to the complaints process and some tips
- Provide you with a POhWER advocate, an experienced worker who can help you to make your complaint and support you through the process
- Support a young person under 16 if they have capacity to reach their own decisions. If a child does not have the capacity to make a decision about their treatment, only a parent or guardian may complain on behalf of their child without permission
- We aim to work with everyone, taking account of their needs.