Healthwatch Brent is here to help local people get the best out of their health and social care services. Our vision is that Brent residents can contribute to the development of quality health and social care services in Brent.
Healthwatch Brent will run, co-ordinate and support events, projects and activities. It will gather information and feedback from patients and service-users.
Staff attend the Brent Health and Wellbeing Board, Brent Clinical Commissioning Group Board, hospital committee meetings and Brent Council events as well as volunteers who will support this information gathering.
Through all these meetings, Healthwatch Brent staff and volunteers will represent the experiences and views of patients and service-users.
Through this, Healthwatch Brent will:
- be a strong, local citizen voice, making a difference to health and social care provision for the people of Brent.
- provide ways for people’s experiences and views to be heard from all communities, including those that are seldom listened to.
- carry out excellent public engagement.
- gather and analyse meaningful and robust local data and evidence and to present to the people that make decisions about health and social care services.
- challenge service providers and commissioners so that the people in Brent have timely and good quality information and advice.
The funding for Healthwatch comes from the Department of Health to each local council. Brent Council deliver the Healthwatch contract. Healthwatch Brent staff are employed by Community Barnet.